I am a devoted husband, a dedicated father, a loyal friend, a supportive coach, snowboarder and an avid technology lover. Throughout my schooling and work I have had the opportunity and privilege of working in innovative technology environments. I have demonstrated a keen ability and dedication for learning new technologies and I am truly assiduous in my learning. Having been a computer and electronic fanatic for over 15 years I strongly believe in the utility of technology as a problem solving tool.
Throughout my schooling, I had wonderful mentors who have taught me the value of problem solving; one of which greatly impacted the way that I am today. This incredible mentor taught me to think outside the box and find the answers myself using all the resources available. Now back then as a student that sounded a little bizarre, but today I realized it was the best real life training I could have ever had; preparing me for the real world where today I’m often told “You’re so resourceful Dominic, you seem to be able to do it all”.
- Over 14 years in IT experience
- Over 14 years in customer service
- Techie with social skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communicator
- Team player that can also work independently
- Resourceful, reliable, self learner and motivated
- Knowledgeable and experienced in web and graphic design
- Knowledge in online marketing
- Experience in video editing with professional software
- Knowledge of various e-learning platforms
- Experience in developing and delivering training in both classroom and online formats
- Drupal and WordPress CMS experience
- Microsoft (2000-2007): Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Internet Explorer, FrontPage
- Sony Vegas Pro video editor
- VMware Player, Virtual Box
- Adobe: Captivate, Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Lightroom
- Citrix WebEx
- Adobe Connect
- XHTML, HTML5
- CSS, CSS3
- PHP, MySQL
- Arduino/ C
- Visual Basic (MS Access)
- Routers (wireless and wired) including proper network configuration
- Scanners and Printers including network printers
- All internal computer components
- Home theatre systems, including: Plasmas, LCDs, Speakers, Receivers, DVD, VCR, CD players, Multi zone audio and video, Custom automation programming and installation
Language and Security
- Oral: English & French
- Written: English & French
- E/E/E Linguistic Profile
- Secret Security Clearance (PWGSC)
- Designing Instruction from Friesen, Kaye and Associates
- Essentials of Adobe Captivate 7
- Successfully completed “Writing Targeted Briefing Notes”
- Trained by ctc TrainCanada in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Flash and PHP
- Performance Management – Common Sense Selling
- Trained in sales and electronics by: Alpine Electronics, MB Quart, Pioneer, Sony, Definitive Technology, Canton, Panasonic and more
- Algonquin College (Computer Engineering)
- St. Peter’s High school diploma (with honours)
- 2013 – Present: Volunteer Assistant Coach for CUSC Competitive Soccer team
- 2013: Award of Excellence presented by the Director General of the Industrial Security Sector for doing more than others expect, maintaining a high standard and striving for excellence
- 2013: Produced and edited a professional video which was successful in gaining two sponsorships for the clients
- 2012: Unsung Hero award presented by the Assistant Deputy Minister of the Departmental Oversight Branch for doing more than others expect, maintaining a high standard and striving for excellence
- 2011 – 2013: Volunteer Secretary – 2745 Iris Street Health and Safety Committee
- 2009 – 2011: Volunteer Webmaster for RUSC website (www.rusc-csur.com)
- 2008 – 2010: Volunteer Soccer coach for RUSC U5/U7
- 2002 – 2004: Top 20 Alpine sales person in Canada
- 1999 – 2004: MB Quart Product Trained certification
- 1999 – 2004: Alpine Electronics of Canada Product Trained Specialist Certification
- 1997 – 1998: Bank of Montreal Technology Award
- 1996 – 1998: Design and Technology Award
PUBLIC WORKS AND GOVERNMENT SERVICES CANADA
Learning and Implementation Coordinator, Controlled Goods Directorate, Industrial Security Sector
Jun. ’13 – Present
In my role as Learning and Implementation Coordinator, I provide daily administrative and logistical services in support of the Controlled Goods Learning Programs. These activities include planning, coordinating and training WebEx e-learning courses through the Government Teleconferencing Services, verification of course registrations, sending training materials and communicating with external stakeholders.
I collect, extract, compile and maintain records of all courses and participants and provide statistical research and report.
I teach, administer and maintain the e-learning WebEx training sessions for the Designated Official Certification Program. This includes starting, hosting and providing instructions to participants in the live sessions in both official languages. I trouble shoot and provide timely technical assistance to external stakeholders with regards to connecting and using WebEx Training Centre on an ongoing basis.
I increased the program’s efficiencies in delivering its e-learning training services by revising and improving messaging to clients, creating refined templates and incorporating client feedback and lessons learned into all messaging. Additionally, I improved the video quality of the existing recorded training modules by using professional video editing software to re-create the videos.
I provided in-depth usability and accessibility testing, documented all issues and provided feedback and recommendation to internal IT services on a new external stakeholder Designated Official web portal.
I assisted in the process of finding a new e-learning platform and software for the sector. During this process, I provided research and knowledge to other stakeholders with regards to various e-learning platforms and important requirements for the program.
In my efforts to improve quality of services, increase tracking efficiencies and accuracy and streamline operations, I’m working in conjunction with IT services to update and add new important features to the Controlled Goods Program database.
PUBLIC WORKS AND GOVERNMENT SERVICES CANADA
Coordinator, Corporate Support, Industrial Security Sector
Oct. ’11 – Jun. ’13
In my role as Corporate Support Coordinator, I tracked the daily flow and timelines of requests from the Director General’s office and provide guidance to managers and the Director on these deliverables, facilitating the timeliness of the responses.
I have reviewed and ensured accuracy and completeness of over 500 requests tasked by the Director Generals’ Office. These requests included briefing notes, corporate reports, letters to clients, responses to ministerial enquiries and responses to both the Deputy Minister and Assistant Deputy Minister’s questions.
I prepare various reports, binders and briefing packages to senior management. These include: weekly summary reports to the ADM, monthly statistics report on deliverables to my Director and adhoc status reports on the 2012-13 Contract Security Memorandum of Understandings with 54 client department.
I resolved an issue within the Outreach website, requiring web programming assistance in order to meet a departmental deadline on accessibility standards.
I have provided guidance and standardized format on six Canadian Industrial Security Directorate Standard Operating Procedure manuals, while ensuring sign off according to the Management Action Plan commitment.
I developed and delivered in excess of 15 Lunch and Learn sessions on various Microsoft Office products to colleagues, including management. These sessions improved employees’ competencies, provided advice on the most efficient use of the software and included guidance on formatting standards within the organization.
The Industrial Security Sector has 54 Memorandum of Understandings (MOU) with other Government of Canada departments for Contract Security Services in the total amount of $18.2 million dollars. I have played a key role in renewing these 54 MOUs for 2012-13. This role involved establishing processes, templates, responding to clients’ questions, tracking and reporting on each file. For these efforts and the success of the key project for the Sector, I have been recognized with an award by the Director General.
Director of IT/Trainer/Programmer
Nov. ’08 – Oct. ’11
Researched, recommended to CEO, implemented and managed all IT systems (VoIP, Networks, Email, Web Servers). These implemented recommendations have saved the company an estimated $25,000.00 in software and hardware purchases.
I managed all contractors, instructors, suppliers and financial obligations of the company.
Using various Adobe Products, including Photoshop, Illustrator, I created all the company templates, brand identity, catalogues, pamphlets and display booth banners.
I was the sole designer and programmer for the various websites owned (workplaceinstitute.org, kaa-boom.com, older-worker.com, rebel-retirement.com) by the company in addition to the creation of a proprietary web based contact management system.
Provided classroom training on MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) in both English and French to Federal and private sector clients with a maintained 96% customer satisfaction. Additionally, I provide technical support, classroom/office setup and trouble shooting as needed.
The work environment was fast paced, requiring daily problem solving skills.
Senior Account Manager
Jan. ’05 – Nov. ’08
As one of the company’s top sales people, I provided sales advice, customer service, national marketing initiatives, reports, arranged client meetings, provided technical support, successfully responded to RFPs, and managed hundreds of daily emails; all while working in a fast paced environment, that necessitated daily problem solving skills
Additionally, I development, implementation and was responsible for multiple marketing presentations, monthly email campaigns, templates and sales tools the have been used national. My successfully introduced of training vouchers (TrainTickets) to the company is now marketed and sold nationally.
I occasionally acted as Branch Manager in the Ottawa office.
STEREO PLUS & DESIGN
Car & Home Audio Specialist
Aug. ’99 – Dec. ’04
Sales, web page creation/ design, product service, customer service, product orders, Co-op trainer, radio ad creation (in conjunction with Hot 89.9/The Bear), custom installations, product organization and layout, and computer systems technician.
P.O.S. System Technician / Front End Supervisor
Jul. ’95 – Aug. ’99
Responsible for correct product prices, supervision of approximately 20 employees, Worked in conjunction with Store Manager and Owner to ensure proper customer satisfaction, responsible for new employee training.
FREELANCE AND VOLUNTEER WEB DEVELOPMENT, GRAPHIC DESIGN, BRAND IDENTIFY AND MARKETING
Jan. ’06 – Sep. ’11
I provided clients, including Quad Expert, Rockland United Soccer Club, Kawartha Lakes Animal Chiropractics, Yvonne Anderson and Jamieson Chiropractics with a variety of Services. These serviced included website development, web server maintenance, web hosting services, web analytics, social network marketing strategies, graphic and branding identify design and training.
The results were new accessible and compliant websites, Search engine optimized web content, increased sales, trained and knowledgeable staff on how to maintain their websites, multiple print ready marketing pieces and magazine advertisements.
Available upon request.